Grade 1, Grade 2
THE MAGIC MUSIC FILM
- It can be helpful for the children if you make the Sound Book and Song Book before beginning to make the film.
- Listen to music: dreamy music (classical, meditational music), fun music (banjo-, animated film- or circus music), scary music (punk, discordant, horror-film music).
- Black out a room, turn off the lights and turn on a single lamp.
- Play mood music, like happy music, scary music, sad music. Move or dance to the music.
- Let the children choose the kind of music that creates a mood they like in particular.
When the movie or book is done, it should be shown off! Maybe on a big screen, maybe as a link home to the parents – or perhaps just on the tablet you made it on? Talk about the process or whether the children have remembered something new from the topic you worked with? Remember to watch the movie or read the book again in a months’ time and remember the good times you had when making it!
We set the stage and tell the kids what is going to happen. They must make a movie or a book and they have to do it with pictures they draw and stories they invent themselves.
Create the story you and the children have agreed on. You can draw pictures and backgrounds yourself if you haven’t taken any photos to use. The children can also make drawings and characters of themselves. Remember that all mistakes are opportunities to learn – and remember that making movies and books is fun!
Talk to the kids about what the story should contain? What they would like to have happen in the movie? What should the book be about? Go with all the crazy whims and thoughts that come up, and support them in the creative process, by weighing all ideas and thoughts equally. Also, those that don’t exactly seem “realistic” to you. The goal is to create a complete picture of the film or book to be made – before we make it!
Example: We are going to make a movie or a book about our trip to the beach. We need a picture of the beach, and we need to take pictures of the things we found on the beach. We’re going to show the rock we found and also a race car! We should also show all of the children who were there. Create a storyboard with drawings that show what’s going to happen in each scene in the movie if you are making a movie!